4.21.2011

Right now.

This is happening in my face: Moroccan bean stew with sweet potatoes.

Yes, those are roasted figs on top. Aw, yeah
I am writing in between delicious bites because it's just that darn good and thus must be shared with the people I love. Plus, it's vegan, and fairly easy to make (though you may have to beef up your spice rack, not sure how many folks have turmeric on hand). Added benefit: It works wonders for easing Abu Dhabi taxi-induced motion sickness. Oh, I also substituted a can of foul medammes (aka fava beans) for the black beans 'cause they seemed more appropriate for a Middle Eastern dish.

While I'm at it, here are a few other yummy things that have happened at The Manzel Kitchen recently:

My own lunch time invention, Middle Eastern-inspired pizza: whole wheat flat bread topped with hummus, sauteed onions and mushrooms, and lamb kofta.
Did you know that LAMB IS DELICIOUS? Well, it is.
Garlicky roasted chicken with garlic jus on garlic toast. This recipe called for three heads--not cloves, heads--of garlic. I never thought I'd say this, but it was almost *too* garlicky. I imagine they served similar dishes at my father's Lions Club dinners--my mom used to tell me he'd come home and sweat garlic out of his pores for days afterward.


1 comment: